Late Night Exercises.

Thursday, November 3, 2011
While faced with a large amount time that can be neither fully productive or completely unproductive, I've taken to running myself through a variety of drawing/painting exercises all using digital media.

I'm not going to lie.... after working traditionally for so many years... making the transition to digital hasn't been as easy as I first thought. I still have a long way to go before I am able to replicate what I once enjoyed making with traditional art supplies... however ... it has also given me the opportunity to play around with techniques and styles all over again. Much  like I did nearly ten years ago after graduating from college.

I now find myself wondering about style, technique, concept, meaning, intent, and audience. It's a strange thing really.

Alas, I ramble.

Here is a drawing I did last night (late - like 3:30am late) and the reason i chose to do this colour blocking exercise is because I remember it not taking a lot of real focus in painting class... just a keen eye on reference material, and also it seems like it would give me the chance to really push around what traditional 'flash' brushes are capable of.


I'm fully aware that I changed the angle of her right eye. When I first started I had intended to skew a lot the features but as I layered the colour that eye kept trying to revert back to normal. 

I sure do wish I had more reference material to work with though. It might be time to start a file again. 


As always, Thanks for looking. 

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Behind The Web

Something

Don't forget to leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by!
 

© 2010 Sketches & Scribbles, Design by DzigNine
In collaboration with Breaking News, Trucks, SUV