Character & Environment Exercise

Thursday, February 16, 2012
As I stated in my last post, one of the places I like to go for inspiration is CGHUB. There are a ton of past drawing challenges that are perfect for flexing my creative muscles. I simply look at the challenge and attempt to work it through on my own even though I am sure I would benefit greatly from participating in current challenges, my confidence in my skills has yet to allow for such.
The following character and environment exercise was one found in the character forge section of the forums.

In this exercise I took one of the drawing challenges and followed along, but omitted a few of the specs so that I may turn around the work more quickly, creating more of an exercise than a long term study.  

The original project was to create a Kikiot who lives in the salt flats of the planet Alfmar.
The specs that I left out included long mouthparts and obviously glaring markings on the skin/fur. Instead I created a stout but large nose to help aid in the creatures amazing sense of smell. I also included a rich scale like skin.





The Kikiottea is possibly a subspecies of the Kikiot or perhaps just the pre evolved state. I'm not really sure as I hadn't given that part much though, I wanted to ensure that I followed much of the project specs but still kept it flexible since I was not participating in the cghub challenge directly. 

Once again, Thanks for looking! =)


0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger.

Search

Behind The Web

Something

Don't forget to leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by!
 

© 2010 Sketches & Scribbles, Design by DzigNine
In collaboration with Breaking News, Trucks, SUV